Today, I am thankful for my mom, aka Janet, aka Baby Jay. I prefer to call her Baby Jay because she likes it.
One time she got a random text from a stranger. She told them they had the wrong number and they asked if she was Baby Jay. Her response was "it could be". I asked her if she had ever been called Baby Jay and she hadn't but her name is Janet so it could be. I laughed pretty hard and I've been calling her Baby Jay ever since.
My mom is the best mom in the world. She may not be the best mom for everyone but she is the perfect mom for me. She loves parties. She will have a party for any occasion she can think of. Growing up we of course celebrated the big holidays but we were the only ones I knew that celebrated Ground Hogs Day and Columbus Day. If my family drank alcohol, we'd be alcoholics thanks to all the parties my mom throws.
My mom is fun! She doesn't mind making a fool of herself in front of the family if it will make the grandkids laugh. She will join in on our obstacle courses. She made my dad buy a tandem bike because she always wanted one. She always says the funniest things. She's a goof and I love it!
Baby Jay is my best friend. She carried my everywhere until I was in 2nd grade so it makes sense that we're close. When I have a bad day I call her and she always cheers me up. She is my number one fan and I love her so much.
Here's to you, Baby Jay!
Big 26
12 years ago



Thanks for finding some real flattering pictures and posting them:) But aside from that you're a great daughter! I forgot you had this blog so I haven't checked it lately. Have you ever considered calling it just simply "Thoughts" ? I might not feel so squeamish about reading it.
ReplyDelete